Amerigroup has been in business since 1994. This insurer serves a customer base of 2.8 million clients in 12 states across US. It provides quality health insurance at affordable prices.
Rehabs that Accept Amerigroup
Amerigroup Insurance policyholders who wish to make a claim for drug rehab benefits often must be 21 years of age or older. The company does cover inpatient treatment programs, on condition that the treatment center usually has to perform a pre-certification first.
Policyholders are also covered for outpatient detoxification (detox) services and rehab. They do not need to get a referral from their primary care physician (PCP) in order to access services. Coverage is available for services like substance abuse counseling, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and ambulatory detox.
Questions to ask about using Amerigroup Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Insurance coverage can vary between providers for drug rehab coverage. Even policyholders covered by the same company can have different levels of coverage. Here are some questions to ask your insurance agent about coverage from this company:
• Am I covered for detox and rehab treatment under my insurance plan?
• Does my policy provide coverage for inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, or both?
• Which treatment centers near me accept Amerigroup insurance?
• Do I need to get a referral from my doctor to qualify for coverage for addiction treatment services?
• Will I need to pay a deductible or a co-payment? How much will I be responsible for paying?
Often, counselors at treatment centers are familiar with what different insurance companies will cover under their plans. Finding a treatment facility that accepts Amerigroup Insurance may be a useful first step toward getting help for yourself or a loved one.
Amerigroup usually provides specialty coverage, focusing on a market that includes:
• Children who don’t have health insurance coverage
• Pregnant women who need prenatal care
• People who have disabilities
• People aged 65 and older who are ill
Types of Plans Offered
The company provides Medicaid coverage in the following states:
• New Jersey
It offers Medicare-Medicaid Plans (MMPs) in Texas. Amerigroup also provides coverage for people 65 and over, and people with disabilities.