Texas Detox and Rehabs For Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Texas, also known as the Lone Star State, is a large state located in the Southern part of the country. Although the state has many large cities, it is perceived by most as a friendly, welcoming state that exudes Southern hospitality. In fact, the state motto is “friendship.” While the state has obviously succeeded in many areas, they have not been able to completely absolve the substance abuse problem within the state.
Substance Abuse in Texas:
Texas, much like the rest of the nation, is experiencing the many negative effects of substance abuse among its residents. The following are some surprising and somewhat scary facts that reveal the scope of the problem the state is facing:
- In 2012, nine of every 100,000 residents died as a result of prescription drug overdose. Most of these drugs were illegally obtained.
- According to The Drug Policy Alliance, there has been a 150% increase in accidental overdoses over the span of ten years.
- In 2000, 16% of residents who call Texas home admitted they have a problem with alcohol. Another 5% said they had a drug problem.
- Alcohol is the most common drug abused within the state of Texas. There were 1,005 people killed in motor vehicle accidents that involved a drunk driver in 2008. This number represents 28.9% of all people killed in vehicular accidents.
- Marijuana is the most commonly cited drug in drug treatment centers across the state followed by cocaine and heroin.
Getting Help in Texas:
When an addict desires freedom from their substance abuse addiction, it’s time for them to seek the help of the treatment centers listed below or one like them:
Best Rehabilitation, Detox and Mental Illness Centers in Texas:
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center, Hico:
This ranch inspired treatment center offers a unique method of recovery from substance abuse. They allow their clients to practice equine therapy, which is a therapy designed to create a bond between the client and animals. In addition to this therapy, they also offer a 12-step recovery program, embrace dual diagnosis, and detoxification.
Sante Center for Healing, Argyle:
Operating for twenty years, this treatment facility is committed to helping clients through every step of their recovery process. They guide clients through three main stages. The stages begin with detoxification and then moves on to rehabilitation. It ends with aftercare planning. There are many alternative therapies offered as well, which include massage, music, art, yoga and equine treatments.
Cenikor Foundation, Fort Worth:
This drug rehabilitation center was founded in 1967 and is one of the most popular facilities in the state of Texas. It is praised for its effectiveness. This center offers long-term inpatient treatment along with their Workforce Development, which helps clients find a stable career after their rehabilitation.