New Mexico Detox and Rehabs For Drug and Alcohol Abuse
New Mexico’s diverse terrain includes the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the Chihuahuan Desert. It is a southwestern state, whose state capital Santa Fe is known for its vibrant art scene and open-air Santa Fe Opera. Although the beauty that compasses the state is notable, there are some facets of the state that aren’t as pleasant.
Scary Drug And Alcohol Abuse Facts About New Mexico:
- New Mexico has had one of the highest alcohol-related death rates in the country over the last 30 years. Since 1997, New Mexico has had the highest alcohol death rate in the nation.
- The state has the second highest drug overdose mortality rate in America, which averages 23.8 deaths per 100,000 people.
- The most commonly abused drugs that led to unintentional overdose deaths in New Mexico between 2007 and 2001 were prescription opioids (50%), heroin (33%), tranquilizers or muscle relaxers (27%), cocaine (25%) and antidepressants ( 16%).
- Between 2007 and 2008, the state of New Mexico had the highest rates of illicit drug dependence in the nation in people aged 12 and older.
- In 2014, the eighth leading cause of death in New Mexico was suicide. Now, New Mexico’s suicide rate is 50% higher than the national average.
More on Mental Health and New Mexico:
The stat above reveals the suicide rate in New Mexico. Since most suicides are linked to mental illness, the state needs to begin focusing more on mental health. In addition to suicide, there is evidence of a correlation between mental illness and substance abuse. The statistics listed above on alcohol and substance abuse in the state seem to confirm this fact.
Getting Help in New Mexico:
Thankfully, New Mexico has many facilities designed to help their citizens overcome both mental illness and substance abuse of all kinds. A hopeless situation is made hopeful when you as an addict seek the help you need. If you are the loved one or friend of an addict you also understand the great service these facilities provide for addicts. A few of the best centers are listed below:
Best Rehabilitation, Detox and Mental Illness Centers in New Mexico:
Hoy Recovery Program, Espanola:
This recovery center focuses on unique methods to overcome addiction. Some of these treatments include the service of a traditional healer, holistic gardening, participation in art and poetry, a sweat lodge and more. They also offer an intensive outpatient along with residential treatments. All of these methods work together, ensuring there is a treatment that will work for everyone who seeks freedom from an addiction.
Tri-County Community Services, Taos:
The motto of this facility is “being a place where everyone matters.” This not-for-profit center has been operational since 1975 and offers a wide range of services including a detoxification program, outpatient treatment and even a 24-hour crisis line manned by a licensed clinician.