Cigna Insurance for Drug Rehab

Cigna is a company that is dedicated to helping its clients improve their health and well-being. It serves 85 million customers around the world and employs close to 40,000 people. The company has been providing health insurance coverage and employee benefits since 1958.

Health Insurance Coverage from Cigna

The type of health insurance plans offered by Cigna vary, depending on the state where you live. The company offers more than one plan to subscribers living in each state, so you can choose the level of coverage for substance abuse that fits your needs and budget. Cigna does comply with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in offering a health insurance plan that meets the standard required by law.

Mental health and substance abuse coverage must be included in a health insurance plan being offered for sale. The minimum level of protection that an insurance company must provide is 60 percent of the cost of treatment. This is a basic level of coverage, and if you choose to buy this type of policy you would be responsible for paying the remaining 40 percent of the cost of detox and/or rehabilitation services yourself. That cost would be payable after you meet your insurance plan deductible for the year.

Substance Abuse Coverage from Cigna

Cigna provides coverage for outpatient and inpatient treatment services, up to the policy limit you choose. Contact the insurance company before you start a drug or alcohol treatment program to get your proposed treatment plan pre-approved. This is a great time to ask any questions you have about your coverage, such as:

  • Does my insurance cover outpatient and inpatient addiction services?
  • How much of these services do I pay for out of pocket?
  • What are my policy limits for drug and alcohol treatment services?
  • Are detox services covered under my policy?

Find Detox and Rehabs that Accept Cigna

If you get pre-approved for substance abuse treatment, you’ll want to find a program or treatment facility that accepts your insurance. Even if you get turned down by your insurance provider, you still have options if you wish to seek treatment for drug or alcohol abuse. There are programs that accept payment on a sliding scale, and a number of them offer financing to clients.

Call us now for free information about the options available to you so that you can find the right type of help.

Call: 800-906-9762